Fix for No Sound in iTunes on Windows 10
Guys this is just more something I wanted to share. I was searching forums back late last year when I noticed an issue where iTunes would just not play sound anymore. It was working fine after my Windows 10 upgrade and then just out of nowhere I could not get sound to play in iTunes. Checked and made sure all volume sliders were up and ran through my playback devices in sound to make sure it was not playing on the wrong device. Sound was working fine on everything else except iTunes. I uninstalled and re-installed iTunes 1 or 2 times as new versions came out in case it was some kind of Windows 10 issue with iTunes but it never fixed it. Finally today while I was going through a forum I noticed someone post about disabling the Sound Enhancer but it was already disabled. But I noticed another setting on the same page. The Play Audio Using: Section was set to Windows Audio Session. I changed it to Direct Sound and tada I can hear sound in iTunes again. This may work on older operating system versions to. Windows 10 was just what I was using.
Heres the process
1. Open iTunes and go into Edit and then preferences
2. Click Playback on the preferences screen.
3. At the bottom you will use Play Audio Using:
4. Change from Windows Audio Session to Direct Sound.
5. It will ask you to close iTunes and re-open and then you should have sound again.
You might be experiencing a different issue but if this can help one other person its worth it to post especially being a simple thing to check. Thanks!
I could kiss you... I've been struggling with this for two days now, and you just fixed it. THANK YOU
Omg, you have no idea how long I searched for a solution to this problem. I uninstalled several times, removed my library folders and eventually gave up for a bit. And it was this simple all along. I feel like I should send you a gift card or something for saving my sanity.
You, good sir or ma'am, deserve a cookie. Thank you for taking the time to post this fix for no reason other than to alleviate the frustration of those whom you have never met.
Enjoy your cookie!
- Magic Mouse 2 does not scroll in Sierra
- Mid 2011 27" iMac Not Booting, Worth Repairing?
- IWatch cellural, other countries
- Random Shutdowns using MacBook Pro 15" (Late 20...
- What level of Mac OS addresses the BlueBorne vu...
- Message preview window not expanding in apple mail
- This does not appear: Select ”Syste...
- Forgotten ipad password (More complicated than ...
- MacOS Recovery attempt
- Connect new Macbook (USB
- "com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error
- any idea what error 3503 is?
- Underallocation Detected on Main device
- The operation couldn’t be completed. (BKA...
- is ctoid.exe a virus on my ipad safari browser?
- iTunes Error: Declined to authorize this image ...
- iTunes 12.7 cannot edit playlist
- High Sierra Stuck & Decryption paused
- Keep High Efficiency Original if Available Chec...
- Need to unlock iphone 5 to reactivate the phone...
- Christian Music Removed From Itunes
- I'm being billed twice every month for Apple Mu...
- iMac running slow
- Fix disappearing album art after moving iTunes
- Activation Locked iWatch
- Can I change the iwatch to miles instead of kil...
- I keep seeing the "You don't have permission to...
- can't read any menus macbook air
- iPad 2, iOs9.3, taking days to restore
- charges made under itune memeberships